The Tayon Law Legal Team
We stand for expertise and years of experience in a wide variety of legal disciplines. Read our profiles below to get to know us better.
Kathy Jacobs Tayon, Esq.
Legal Fields of Practice
Kathy J. Tayon represents health care businesses and providers in transactions and contracts. Kathy negotiates, documents and closes a wide array of transactions including purchases, sales, reorganizations and mergers of health care businesses. Kathy also reviews, prepares and negotiates a wide array of business contracts including contracts with vendors and leases.
Kathy J. Tayon also represents healthcare businesses and providers in compliance and operational issues and matters. Kathy represents healthcare businesses and providers in determining compliance with Federal and Florida anti-kickback and self-referral laws and licensing matters. Kathy also represents clients on operational matters for businesses, including employment matters and separations of businesses.
Prior In-House Work for National and Florida Law Firms and Healthcare Company
- Fowler White Boggs, Ft. Lauderdale, FL Shareholder, April 2006-June 2013
- McDermott, Will & Emery, Miami, FL
Partner, January 1999-April 2006
Associate, December 1994-December 1998
- PhyMatrix/Gunster, West Palm Beach, FL
Associate, January 1996-March 1997
- Rogers, Towers, Jacksonville, FL
Associate, July 1991-December 1994
Presentations, Publications and Education
- “Understanding Physician Employment Contracts,” Speaker, Broward Health Hospital, September 2012
- “Accountable Care Organizations” Hillsborough County, Florida Bar Association, Health Law Section, June 1, 2011
- “Federal and Florida Healthcare Laws and Regulations Every Physician Should Know”, Lee Memorial Hospital, Southwest Regional Medical Center, Continuing Medical Education Seminar, January 26, 2008
- "Navigating Through Stark II and Other Healthcare Laws and Regulations," BKR International Seminar, September 7, 2007
- "Fundamental Legal Issues Facing Physicians," Lee Memorial Hospital, Southwest Regional Medical Center, Continuing Medical Education Seminar, January 27, 2007
- “Businesses must comply with Obamacare,” Author, Sun Sentinel, November
- “Joint Ventures with Physicians to Provide Health Care Services,” Author, Thomson Reuters/Aspatore, September 2012
- "General Information about the 2009 Antimarkup Rule and the Limitations It Imposes on Some Physicians and Suppliers", Author, Journal of Health Care Compliance, March-April 2009
- “The State of the Anti-Markup Rule Regarding Diagnostic Tests”, Author, Journal of Healthcare Compliance, May-June 2008
- "Key Changes and New Interpretations Involving Phase III Regulations," Author, Journal of Healthcare Compliance, January/February 2008
- LL.M., New York University, Taxation, 1991
- J.D., with honors, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1990
- M.A., University of Florida, Accounting, 1990
- B.S., with high honors, University of Florida, Accounting, 1987
AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
Board Certified in Health Law, The Florida Bar
The Best Lawyers in America, 2008-2019
Certified Public Accountant (presently inactive)
Chambers USA, 2012-2013; listed as a leading Healthcare lawyer in Florida
The Legal 500, 2010, listed as a Recommended Lawyer in Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts
- The Florida Bar, Member, 1991 - present
Gregory F. Tayon, Esq.
Legal Fields of Practice:
Since February, 2011, Gregory F. Tayon, Esq. has served as General Legal Counsel for the following companies:
- Macmillan Oil Company of Florida, Inc.
- Hialeah Transport, LLC.
- Donnini Enterprises, Inc.
- Reliance Petroleum, Inc.
- Paradise Petroleum Distibutors, LLC
In his capacity of General Legal Counsel, Mr. Tayon performs multiple tasks including contract formation and review, governmental compliance, collections, litigation, human resources, and general review of the corporations' structure and functionality for legal compliance.
In addition to the work Mr. Tayon performs as General Legal Counsel, he also performs the following for Tayon Law and its clients:
- Healthcare: transactional and regulatory compliance
- Collections: commercial creditor collections
- Commercial: contracts, transactional
- Debtor Defense: credit card debtor representation
University of Florida, (Gainesville, FL)
Bachelor of Arts in Polical Science, B.A.
University of North Florida, (Jacksonville, FL)
Master of Public Administration, M.P.A.
University of Florida College of Law, (Gainesville, FL)
Juris Doctorate, JD
The Florida Bar, Member, June 1996 – Present